- Globally recognised school
- Varied, hands-on role
- Permanent, full-time opportunity
Founded in 1893, Walford Anglican School has a vision is to be a globally pre-eminent school for girls where learning flourishes and their mission is to empower young women to participate with confidence, courage and compassion in our global world through an inspired education.
Your new role
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Finance Manager who flourishes in a ‘hands on’ environment with varied tasks. Whilst overseeing the day to day functions of the Administration office you’ll also be assisting the Business Director in managing the financial integrity of financial functions of the business including, budgeting, reporting, forecasting, cash flow and audit processes. The Finance Manager will also oversee and monitor the payment of accounts and school fees as well as ensure an effective and cooperative interface between administrative staff and teaching staff, and between administrative staff and the School community.
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Appropriate qualifications in accounting and financial management (CA/CPA essential)
- Strong numeracy skills and analytical ability
- Ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel in particular
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated working knowledge of relational databases, preferably Synergetic
- Ability to meet deadlines and resolve complex issues
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to successfully communicate and liaise with people and groups at all levels, whether internal and external to the School
- Current Department of Community and Social Inclusion (DCSI) screening clearance to work with children and current Responding to Abuse and Neglect (RAN) training will be necessary for successful applicants
What you'll get in return
In return, you will receive a permanent, full-time opportunity within an organisation with strong values and an ethos to ensure every individual can achieve their best. A competitive remuneration package is on offer for the successful candidate.
Call to Action
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, express your interest by applying via Seek. For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Roisin Smith or Lauren Violi on 08 82310820.