Applications from international students are assessed and considered on the basis of:
- the number of positions available at the appropriate year level
- the resources of the School
- the student’s academic records and English language proficiency level for the proposed course of study
- English language proficiency is determined by the result of a test undertaken in their country by an approved English Language Assessment organisation.
International students require an adequate command of English so that they can manage the work in mainstream classes.
A condition of enrolment is that a student undertakes a formal English Language Assessment upon application for admission to Walford. This can be carried out in their country of origin through the Australian Education Assessment Services or another official English assessment organisation.
Students may be required to undertake intensive English language study prior to their entry to mainstream study. Walford will provide parents with details of schools able to offer this service. It is recommended that students reside in the Walford Boarding House while attending intensive English study at another institution.
Walford offers English as a Second Language (ESL) in small class groups in Years 11 and 12. In Years 6-10 students study English in mainstream classes and receive tuition from a specialist teacher who works with individuals or small groups on specific needs.
|Step 1||Complete the International Student Application Form (this can be found in the Downloads Section at the bottom of this page).|
|Provide the following documentation:
|Step 3||Read the Application Procedures and Conditions|
|Step 4||Please return the completed original form to:
Director of Admissions
Walford Anglican School for Girls
PO Box 430
UNLEY SA 5061
- It is important to note that lodgement of the Application form is not an offer of enrolment or notice of acceptance.
- Walford will assess the application including evaluation of reports and of English Language proficiency. The Principal will make the final decision on the acceptance of students to the School.
- The enrolment process will commence with an offer of place made in writing by the Principal and this will be accompanied by a Fee Invoice.
- Enrolment Acceptance is made by completion of the relevant form and payment of the Enrolment Fee, one half year’s tuition and boarding fees, plus the value of overseas student health cover for the full period of study.
- Upon receipt of the Enrolment Acceptance form and the monies, an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment Certificate (CoE) will be issued for application of Student Visa 571.
Full information regarding enrolment at Walford, conditions and policies is provided in the International Student Handbook which can be found in the Downloads Section at the bottom of this page.