With a strong focus on Literacy and Numeracy and through play-based and inquiry learning opportunities, children are encouraged to explore concepts that will enrich their intellectual, physical and social and emotional development.
The Dowie program is focussed on the learner with an emphasis on intentional learning and teaching and collaboration with others. Both large and small group experiences and individual pursuits are evident throughout our day, supporting children to grow as co-operative, yet self-directed learners as they build new competencies and skills.
Sessions are offered to children who are ready for 5 or more sessions a week. Sessions can be made up of full days and half days and can be increased throughout the year to full-time attendance, (10 sessions), depending on availability.
The Dowie Educational Program will provide:
- A play-based, inquiry approach to learning organised under the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF) and the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program (PYP)
- The Active Learning Station Gross Motor Skills program
- An introduction to the French language through the Early Learning Languages Australia (ELLA) Program
- Weekly lessons with PE and Music specialist teachers
- Weekly lessons with the Junior School Teacher Librarian and a Library borrowing time
- Term 4 Transition Program to Reception
Access to the learning resources of the school, including:
- The Walford Sports Centre
- The Junior School Library
- The Junior School Music facilities
- The Junior School grounds and play spaces
Additional services for Dowie children include:
- Before and After Hours Care and Holiday Care (7.00am to 6.00pm)
- Online Lunch Orders via the Fig Tree Café
- Access to The Health Centre and School Nurse
An informal speech assessment administered by an experienced Speech Pathologist
Click here for more information.