SchoolTV is a world first, wellbeing platform featuring Dr Michael Carr-Gregg. It addresses the modern day realities faced by schools and parents who increasingly need clear, relevant and fact-based information around raising safe, happy and resilient young people.
SchoolTV has been designed to respond to the rising need of schools to provide parents with credible, independent and ongoing information on the challenges facing our youth.
Below are some alarming statistics from Mission Australia.
- Every year, 4 million Australians are effected by mental health. This impacts the economy more that any communicable disease. The overall cost of supporting people with a mental illness annually is $28.6 billion.
- 75% of all psychological issues in adults, start under the age of 25.
- In Australia, a male aged 15 to 29 suicides every 18 hours.
- Since 2005, the number of young girls who suicide has doubled.
- Only 1 in 3 teenagers report getting a good night’s of sleep regularly.
- Only 19% of teenagers eat sufficient fruit and vegetables.
- 1 in 5 teenagers consume one or more soft drinks almost every day.
CLICK HERE to access SchoolTV
10 August 2017 | 0 Comments | Tags: